Be an Active Muslim, Not a Passive Muslim !


Subhanallah..It’s been two weeks already since I last updated my blog. So many things came up lately. The worst one was, I had to get my notebook formatted because of viruses. Thanks to them, I had to redo my assignment especially the one that I’ve completely done!!. Yup..I didn’t have any choice then. Maybe there is hikmah when such thing happened. I guess, a proper planning can avoid the same thing happening next time. InsyaAllah. =)

Anyway, back to real life... Lately, the words of my lecturer keeps echoing deep inside me. Though she didn’t use any flowery language or whatsoever to express it, the thing that she had told us is very significant and momentous as I see it. Seriously! . The words which reminded us :
“Be an active Muslim and not a passive Muslim.”
She then said:
“It is not enough to be a passive Muslim!. If you want to be nice, the monks and the nuns are nice enough!”

You might think she’s a scary lecturer though. However, she made her point that day and honestly she is among the best lecturer I’ve ever had. Subhanallah..a simple reminder yet very deep in meaning. Yes, I totally agree with her. If we want to be good, then everybody can be good at the first place. It does not matter who you are- from a bus driver to a renowned scholar-all of them can be good people. Being a Muslim is not only a matter of to be; rather it is a matter of to do. That is why a Muslim is ought to be ACTIVE and not a Muslim by name only. Now, look at the word ACTIVE and PASSIVE. Active means energetic, lively, busy, hardworking and committed (according to my thesaurus) whereas the word passive means inactive, unreceptive and unassertive. .Doesn’t sound good huh!.A passive kid means he/she is very unreceptive to his/her surrounding. Same like a passive worker. It means that he/she is very inactive to response to the challenges that he/she is facing with in the working environment. What about a passive Muslim then?. I bet you know the answer.

For me, it is a matter of knowing your responsibility at the first place. An active Muslim cannot just sit idly by and do nothing to response to his/her surrounding. Islam is to be shared with all people. Allah is not only for the Muslims, nor does Prophet Muhammad is only for the Muslims. As such, know your responsibility and take your first step to be an active Muslim. You may start by writing, public speaking or whatever ways that you may find convenient to do. Even if you don’t know what to do, try to make friends with people from other religions and at the end of the day people would find Islam beautiful. InsyaAllah =D

p/s: A reminder for you, me and we. =)
Allahu A'lam.(Allah knows Best)

Invite (all) to the way of Thy Lord with wisdom and preaching; and argue with them In ways that are best and Most gracious: for Thy knoweth best, who have strayed from His path, and who receive guidance.

(Al-Qur’an-16:125)

0 comments: